The Safest Skin Care Products during Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting times in a woman’s life. But it can also be stressful, especially when you’re concerned about what to use on your skin during pregnancy. With all the conflicting information out there, it’s hard to know who or what to believe.
Pregnancy is a wonderful time in your life, but it can also be difficult on the skin. So many women find themselves with acne breakouts and sensitive skin that they may not have had before pregnancy. And then some never dealt with these skin issues at all! If you’re one of the unlucky ones struggling with skincare, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! We’ll go over some tips to help soothe your irritated skin and give you some suggestions for products to use during this special time.
What do I need? The first thing any pregnant woman needs is an arsenal of moisturizer options- depending on what type of issue she has (i.e., dry or oily), different moisturizers.
Pregnancy skincare routine
During pregnancy, your body is going through some major changes. You are growing a human being inside of you, so it’s important to take care of yourself and your baby. One way to do this is by using products that are safe for both of you during pregnancy. Here are the top three safest skincare products during pregnancy that will help keep your skin healthy even as you grow someone else in there too!
- Baby oil or mineral oil on the belly daily to prevent stretch marks
- Moisturizer with SPF 15 daily to protect from sunburns
- Shaving cream on legs once or twice weekly but not before bedtime
- Products containing retinol should be avoided, as they can cause birth defects.
- Some ingredients known to cause irritation or potential sensitization during pregnancy include fragrance, lanolin, methylparaben, propylparaben, formaldehyde-releasing preservatives (quaternion 15), hydroquinone, and benzophenones. If you have sensitive skin, it is advisable to avoid products with these ingredients during pregnancy. You may want to consult your doctor before using any new products while pregnant.
Which skincare brands are safe for pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a time of major changes to the skin. From stretch marks to breakouts, it’s important to take care of your skin now more than ever. But what about all those pregnancy-specific products that seem so enticing? Do they work, or are they just marketing ploys? You may be surprised by what you find out!
We’re going to dive into the best and worst options for pregnant women looking for safe skincare products during their pregnancy, as well as how each product can affect your baby. For example, if you have acne-prone skin, as I do, know that retinoids are considered safe. However, please don’t use them near your eyes or lips because these areas are very sensitive during pregnancy.
Join me as I share my personal experience with pregnancy-safe beauty products. If you’re like me, then you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the information out there about what to do and what not to do while pregnant. It’s tough to know who or what to trust! And it can be difficult during this time when our hormones are going haywire, and we’re dealing with body changes that we weren’t expecting. I wanted my skin routine to stay the same so that I felt more confident in myself- even if it means sacrificing some things here and there.